- You cannot add "Frog @Ease SmartChlor Refill Cartridges 3-pack for Bullfrog Spas" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Oxidizing Spa Shock – 5lb
- Use shock weekly to control and prevent organic buildup that causes cloudy water!
- America’s #1 Trusted Brand of Hot Tub Chemicals
- Safety Tested to Assure Quality, Guaranteed Performance
- Formulated Exclusively for Hot Tubs and Made from the Purest Chemicals Available
- Compare to Leisure Time Renew
Limit one per customer. If you need more than 5lb, please add our 2.2lb Spa Shock.
The best spa shock out there.
A Hot Tub Things Original: Our chlorine-free formula restores sparkle and clarity to your hot tub water. Use Hot Tub Things Oxidizing Spa Shock after every use to maintain clean and safe water. Because our potassium monopersulfate shock is chlorine-free, it’s fully compatible with bromine, chlorine, and ozone sanitizers. Once you get into the habit of shocking your hot tub regularly, you’ll wish you had discovered this product years ago! Our original 2.2lb bottle of Oxidizing Spa Shock is—by far—our bestselling product. This 5lb spa shock offers the same legendary formula, but in a larger size. Pound for pound, this larger size is more economical and uses less plastic packaging.
The power of shock
It’s a common misconception that spa shock is a sanitizer all by itself. It isn’t. Instead, adding a shock oxidizer to your hot tub or swim spa will “reset” your chlorine. Chlorine and bromine sterilize your hot tub water by killing harmful bacteria, but those dead germs and algae remain, forming a cloudy, unsightly film on your water. Oxidation burns off the organic residue your chlorine or bromine has sterilized. Oxidation also reduces the unpleasant odor given off by combined chlorine.
Our 5lb Spa Shock is ideal for condominiums, apartment buildings, hotels, and resorts, where hot tubs see constant use. Shocking such hot tubs every day will reduce overall chemical usage. It will also lower maintenance costs.
Use: After enjoying your spa, sprinkle 2 ounces of spa shock into your tub and run the jets for ten minutes with no one in the tub. Use 3 ounces for swim spas or very large tubs. This product contains no bromine or other sanitizer and provides oxidizer treatment only. Regular use of this product will remove most of the contaminants that accumulate in spa water. Your water will be easier to balance and maintain, but you will still need to use a modest amount of bromine, chlorine, or ozone-based sanitizer.
When to Use: Add this product to spa water after every use, or once per week if the spa is not being used.
- PREVENT ORGANIC BUILD UP!: Use shock weekly to control and prevent organic buildup that causes cloudy water!
- TOP BRAND: Hot Tub Things is America’s #1 Trusted Brand of Hot Tub Chemicals
- GUARANTEED PERFORMANCE: Safety Tested to Assure Quality, Guaranteed Performance
- PUREST CHEMICALS!: Formulated Exclusively for Hot Tubs And Made from the Purest Chemicals Available